Thursday, June 23, 2011

From Plain to Beautiful

Refinishing and Revamping Plain Furniture

If there's one thing that I totally love, it's creating something out of nothing. Whenever I get a chance to revamp something - whether it be walls, furniture, ceilings, floors etc - it's the creative challenge that leads me to the answer of what something wants to be.

In my kitchen, I knew that I wanted something beautiful for my island. I didn't want an island like everyone else - I wanted it to be French, antique and unusual. I did a beautiful pale metallic and antiqued finish on the demilune that's attached to my island. I also had some inspirational photographs and some napkins with "Chinoiserie" artwork and this is this is what I came up with.




Our kitchen was featured in HOUZZ!



Here is a side view...


It's exactly what I wanted - with my own personal stamp on it. I'm happy every day when I look at it - even though the demilune only houses very mundane things like dog food and extra vases and large pots that we don't use very often - it's functional and beautiful and I love it!!


If you would love to have a kitchen that looks like mine, please call me at 631 793-1315 - I would be very glad to help you!  Linda

I am linking this up to...


6 comments:

Good Time Charlie said...

Wow! Linda, this is just stunning! Do you have any other pictures of it in a little more light? I would love to share it, but it is hard to see the detail. Amazing work, I want to see it better!

Linda Leyble said...

Hi Karen - I am going to change the picture - and I'll add a side detail also! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kitchen!! If you like French decor, visit us here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/chezjolly?ref=pr_shop_more


Talk to you soon!
xoxo Jess & Holly

Linda Leyble said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! I will visit your shop! Linda

Homeroad said...

Hi Linda,
I see that you are a neighbor... where do you get your chalk paint? Is there anyone local or do you send for it?
Thanks
Susan @ homeroad.net

Linda Leyble said...

Hi Susan - I will email you as well for more specifics...but if you look on the Annie Sloan website, she mentions all the distributors. I believe the one that I got mine from was in NJ. It took quite a bit of time to get the materials, unfortunately. I am thinking about being a distributor...so I will let you know if I go ahead with that decision. It's a bit pricey to become one - so I have to deliberate whether I want to do it or not.

Where are you exactly?? Thanks for posting.

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...