Friday, April 15, 2011

Kitchen Cabinet Makeover: From Drab to Fab

One of my favorite things to do is to redo kitchen cabinets.  It's a great money-saver and it can really transform your kitchen.  Here's one that we did not too long ago.


First, we had the homeowner add some crown moldings - then we did a base color and the first coat of glaze


Here I am putting the first coat of glaze on...



I then did a oak woodgraining that matched the cabinetry.  Since the tones of the oak were different in some places, I had to change my recipe a bit here and there!  I then did a border stencil to look like inlaid wood on the soffit to bring your eye up - and to be more decorative.  

It really changed this kitchen!  The cabinets appear taller and it's a more modern look disguising the soffits!  This is a great idea for anyone who wants to update their kitchen...but especially when you are selling your home - this can really make a difference to a potential buyer.

We are doing another kitchen makeover like this the end of this month - only we are doing an antique cream finish over oak cabinetry. I will post those pics as soon as the project is finished!

If you would like to transform your Long Island home creatively, call Linda at 631 793-1315 for a complimentary design consultation.

Studio of Decorative Arts has two locations:  Great River NY and Huntington NY. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!! What a great idea, totally transforms the kitchen!!
~ Joyce

Linda Leyble said...

Thanks Joyce!

Lamp Tramp said...

This is just amazing! You are so talented. I'm in awe!

Unknown said...

That is stunning!! Wow you are talented!

Linda Leyble said...

Hey thanks everyone! I try to be as creative as I can and I believe that that translates to money savings for my clients. I appreciate all of your wonderful compliments!

I want to think Karen Berg of the "Redoux" blog for letting me know about the Link Party that she is hosting. Perhaps I will put up one more project - because Karen is holding the Link Party all weekend. Also a big Thank You to Miss Mustard Seed for her Link Party as well! It's great to have these link ups so that more people get to see other people's blogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...