Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July Tablescape

I have to admit that my family used to be lucky 1) if I served anything more ambitious than a hot dog on a bun and some salad on July 4th and 2) it was always served on paper plates (and they were lucky if the plates had some red, white and blue on them.  Plain old white ones were the norm). With single motherhood, energy and money had to be placed in other areas.



But since I've remarried and have a blog...my family gets to have better decorated holidays! I was always so busy decorating other people's homes - that mine suffered for quite awhile. So, I spent today decorating.  My granddaughter, Meghan, came over to help and my husband put up some stars and stripes buntings for me on the porch and did some other odds and ends things that helped me out a great deal.  A big thanks to both of them!

Meghan - with holiday specs and pinwheels we made



One of the toughest things for me this holiday was trying to find red, white and blue things.  I used to be a "blue" person back in the 80s, so I had a few next to none 'cause I sold most of them accessories that would go.  I've had the blue pitcher/vase since the mid 90s - I bought it in La Conner, Washington during the annual tulip festival. I never missed a festival while I lived in that state - it's a gorgeous vista that I could never get enough of.


Via

I collect teapots - so I have a good supply of blue ones.  The rest of the items I had on hand because of my home staging business.  Placemats, plates, napkins, napkins rings etc - you need to have those items on hand at all times. The red plates were a bargain ($3 a piece at HomeGoods) - couldn't resist! The red mercury candle holders - were from Christmas...but the color was perfect!


I hope that everyone has a safe and happy, healthy Fourth of July!  I am hoping that the weather here on Long Island will hold up for a barbeque.  We're grilling chicken, salmon and corn on the cob.  Hope it won't have to be done with an umbrella over our heads!!

Have a great holiday!

7 comments:

Christina Perraki said...

Beautiful colors! Hope you have a nice barbeque with no rain!

Unknown said...

Nice great work looks very beautiful and attractive really like this.

Mattress sale dallas
discount furniture in fort worth
Dallas mattress sale

Linda Leyble said...

Thanks Cristina! I haven fingers crossed that we have good weather. Cheers!

Thoughts on Design said...

Good morning Linda,

Gorgeous table setting! You must have had fun doing the decorating with your grand daughter. Sally and I are looking forward to that tine in our lives.

We're are hoping the weather holds up here, too. I was up at 4 AM, went fishing for supper - no luck... The fish market is always a great back up... :-) Spectacular sun rise. Now it's raining. :-( They say it will pass in time for the evening barbecue and festivities.

Cheers,
John

Linda Leyble said...

Hi John - I became a grandma pretty early in life, but she's the apple of my eye - a fantastic young lady. You will enjoy that time for sure when it comes.

Too bad your fishing did not yield dinner! 4 am? Yikes I was still dreaming then! Have a great Fourth!

dee dee said...

Happy Fourth of July! Love the red white and blue tablescape!
dee dee

Linda Leyble said...

Hey Dee! Thanks - I had fun doing it! Hope your day was great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...